Your safety is a priority!
Floating on the river is definitely a highlight of RiverFest, and we are committed to providing a safe program for you to enjoy.
You will be provided with the following:
- Personal floatation device/life jacket
- Safety whistle
- Paddling instructions
Amongst the floaters will be experienced paddlers from local paddling clubs, to lend a hand, retrieve a paddle, or guide you in the right direction. We are working closely with Fire Rescue and Police to make sure help is there if anyone needs it.
Signage along the way will direct you to the pull out. And don’t worry about overshooting the pull out, those experienced paddlers are there to help.
Conditions to participate:
- Personal floatation devices/life jackets must be worn at all times
- No alcohol or narcotics permitted
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence will be denied access
- No horseplay or unruly behaviour with other paddlers
- No water guns
We strongly suggest:
- Dress for the weather
- Do not wear denim
- Do bring water shoes, sunscreen and a hat
- Bring a refillable water bottle, not bottled water!